- n a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
- n a strand or cluster of hair
- n a structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops
- Architecture is the outer whorl; its fashions make their impress on clothes, the inner.
- Among the artifacts turned up: loom weights, another spindle whorl, a bone needle, jasper fire starters, pollen, seeds, butternuts and, most important, about 2,000 scraps of worked .
- An incipient little whorl of storm started up; it gathered power as it moved up the Atlantic coast.
News & Articles
- Video: Idaho Shark Makes Land at ISU
Idaho's own native shark is set to take a bite out of visitors to the Idaho Museum of Natural History. Officials at at the museum on the campus of Idaho State University are getting pretty excited about unveiling a new exhibit featuring the Whorl Tooth Shark, a shark native to Idaho.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 19, 2013 - Boise Weekly
- Davidson on James Turrell’s Hallucinatory Guggenheim Transformation
Visitors to the Guggenheim Museum usually pause in the cylinder of space and glance upwards, letting their eyes follow the whorl of the ramp as it spirals toward the skylight. James Turrell, virtuoso of light and disturber of visual fields, has given them a new reason to raise their gaze: ... More »
June 17, 2013 - Vulture