- n one of a series of ridges that moves across the surface of a liquid (especially across a large body of water)
- n a movement like that of a sudden occurrence or increase in a specified phenomenon
a wave of settlers
troops advancing in waves
- n (physics) a movement up and down or back and forth
- n something that rises rapidly
a wave of emotion swept over him
there was a sudden wave of buying before the market closed
a wave of conservatism in the country led by the hard right
- n the act of signaling by a movement of the hand
- n a hairdo that creates undulations in the hair
- n an undulating curve
- n a persistent and widespread unusual weather condition (especially of unusual temperatures)
a heat wave
- n a member of the women's reserve of the United States Navy; originally organized during World War II but now no longer a separate branch
- v signal with the hands or nod
She waved to her friends
He waved his hand hospitably
- v move or swing back and forth
She waved her gun
- v move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion
the waves rolled towards the beach
- v twist or roll into coils or ringlets
- v set waves in
she asked the hairdresser to wave her hair
- The wave measured 70 ft.
- A wave of shocking attacks and threats against emo youth culture has less to do with music than with the country's violent intolerance.
- A component maker's wipeout has sparked a wave of innovation .
News & Articles
- Wave Systems initiates search for newly created COO position
Wave Systems announced it has initiated an executive search for a COO. The COO role would be a new position at the company, responsible for day-to-day operations, developing sales channels, overhead management, ...
June 10, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Wave Initiates Search for Newly-Established Position of Chief Operating Officer
Wave Systems Corp. , the Trusted Computing Company, today announced it has initiated an executive search for a Chief Operating Officer. The COO role would be a new position at the company, responsible ...
June 10, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Wave and Tidal Energy Need Different Policies
Throughout the 2000s, the emerging wave and tidal stream energy industries operated as a unit. Together they embarked on the journey across the "valley of death" towards commercial maturity, facing shared challenges - such as grid connection, permitting and securing R&D support.
June 10, 2013 - Renewable Energy World