- n a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
- n a strand or cluster of hair
- n a small ring
- n any of various butterflies belonging to the family Satyridae
- The only visible effect of Ev's new-found role as a pop recording star is that his hair, which was duplicated, ringlet by unruly ringlet, in a recent sculpture by Rube Goldberg .
- In it were three dark red braids contributed by the "Maid of Athens," Theresa Macri and her sisters; a ringlet of Lady Oxford's, and several bundles of adoring letters from women .
- But by far the most intriguing was one packet holding a single fair ringlet, with the bemused memo in Byron's faded scrawl: "Whose this was I don't recollect, but it is of 1812.