- n fastener consisting of a metal ring for lining a small hole to permit the attachment of cords or lines
- n anything with a round or oval shape (formed by a curve that is closed and does not intersect itself)
- n (computer science) a single execution of a set of instructions that are to be repeated
- n an inner circle of advisors (especially under President Reagan)
he's no longer in the loop
- n the basic pattern of the human fingerprint
- n a computer program that performs a series of instructions repeatedly until some specified condition is satisfied
- n the topology of a network whose components are serially connected in such a way that the last component is connected to the first component
- n an intrauterine device in the shape of a loop
- n a complete electrical circuit around which current flows or a signal circulates
- n a flight maneuver; aircraft flies a complete circle in the vertical plane
- v move in loops
The bicycle looped around the tree
- v make a loop in
loop a rope
- v fly loops, perform a loop
the stunt pilot looped his plane
- v wind around something in coils or loops
- v fasten or join with a loop
He looped the watch through his belt
- Carol and Douglas Hofstadler in a mutual nose touching, forming a (metaphorical) "strange loop" in July of 1987 in the Wallowa Mountains in Eastern Oregon.
- When the secondary loop lost pressure and the turbine stopped, they said, this caused a rise in both pressure and temperature in the primary loop.
- Then the loop starts all over again, but with that sense of looming doom one notch darker.
News & Articles
- New Data Center Opens In West Loop
There's a new farm in the West Loop, but it's sprouting data banks instead of corn.
June 12, 2013 - CBS Chicago
- Flow loop testing verifies wireless estimates of reservoir inflow
TRONDHEIM, Norway – RESMAN has announced results of a full-scale flow loop test which confirms the ability of a proprietary modeling program to accurately predict zonal inflow volumes.
June 11, 2013 - Offshore Magazine
- Current Loop Calibrator includes HART communications.
With accuracy of 0.01% of reading, Fluke® 709H minimizes time it takes to measure or source, voltage or current, and power up loop. Test tool supports select set of HART universal and common practice commands. In communicator mode, technicians can read basic device information, perform diagnostic tests, and trim calibration on most HART-enabled transmitters. Calibrator also features built-in ...
June 11, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Ben Bernanke in International Herald Tribune
To break that adverse feedback loop, it is essential that we continue to complement fiscal stimulus with strong government action to stabilize financial institutions and financial markets,Bernanke said.
- Richard Shelby in New York Times
I don't know if he should resign over this,Mr. Shelby said, adding that he "works for the president of the United States. But I can tell you, this is just another example of where he seems to be out of the loop. Treasury should have let...
- Daniel Radcliffe in msnbc.com
The 20-year-old actor explained that he is "so out of the loop when it comes to pop culture that I kind of don't even try anymore."