gyre : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
- THE SECOND COMINGTurning and turning in the widening gyre The falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;.
- Other advisers wondered what Bush could conceivably do about the Holy Land's widening gyre.
- Astounding as it would have seemed scant months before, their gaze fell on the one fixed point in the widening gyre: a guy named Barack Hussein Obama.
News & Articles
- Into the Gyre
Watch Into the Gyre video online. News and opinion video from The NYTimes including breaking news, investigative reporting, national and international coverage. Style and celebrity video.
Aug. 13, 2013 - New York Times
- Jersey heavy metal band Gyre release "Second Circle" EP; playing Hoboken show tonight
Sometimes, the second time’s the charm – or at least it was for Gyre, a local metal band that rose from the ashes of another group, Junta.
Aug. 9, 2013 - The Jersey Journal
- Hoboken (post-Maxwell's) still offers a wealth of live music
The progressive-metal band Gyre plays at Willie McBride's in Hoboken on Friday night, part of a week filled with live music throughout Hoboken. No Maxwell's? No problem. Hoboken may have lost its most iconic venue, but the beat goes on in...
Aug. 8, 2013 - The Jersey Journal
- Kevin Smith in MTV.com
BATMAN: THE WIDENING GYRE#1 (DC): Back in May, Kevin Smith told Splash Page that this could be the last Batman story he ever writes-which should be reason enough to pick it up.