- n a list of acknowledgements of those who contributed to the creation of a film (usually run at the end of the film)
- n approval
- n money available for a client to borrow
- n an accounting entry acknowledging income or capital items
- n used in the phrase `to your credit' in order to indicate an achievement deserving praise;
- n arrangement for deferred payment for goods and services
- n recognition by a college or university that a course of studies has been successfully completed; typically measured in semester hours
- n a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
- n an entry on a list of persons who contributed to a film or written work
the credits were given at the end of the film
- n an estimate, based on previous dealings, of a person's or an organization's ability to fulfill their financial commitments
- v give someone credit for something
- v ascribe an achievement to
- v accounting: enter as credit
- v have trust in; trust in the truth or veracity of
- If politicians can't agree to renew credits for businesses that create renewable power, both the economy and the environment will suffer.
- Carbon credits alone won't do much to offset the damage done by energy-guzzling spendthrifts.
- For example, tax credits that gave homeowners an incentive to install storm windows and insulate their homes got results.
News & Articles
- Tax credits for filmmakers become Nevada law
Tax credits for filmmakers become Nevada law Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 2:54 pm, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 Supporting NV Energy overhaul effort publically for weeks now, Sandoval put his formal stamp of approval on the NV Energy bill which allows the energy giant to ...
June 13, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Mayor hopes movie tax credits shine spotlight on Las Vegas
Lights. Camera. Tax credits. All Las Vegas’ fledgling film industry is missing is the action, and proponents are touting Gov. Brian Sandoval’s signing of a tax incentive bill for film productions as the next step toward bringing a bit of Hollywood to Las Vegas. The bill’s signing late Tuesday had Mayor Carolyn Goodman reminiscing the next morning about when “Casino”-mania swept the city when ...
June 12, 2013 - Las Vegas Sun
- Tax Credits End For Movies Filmed In Connecticut
George Norfleet, director of the Connecticut Office of Film, Television and Digital Media, talks about the elimination of tax credits for companies that film movies in Connecticut. Tax credits will still remain for television production and digital media companies. Below …
June 12, 2013 - FOX CT Hartford
- Barack Obama in Bemidji Pioneer
This is an issue that involves putting government on the side of small business owners who create most of the jobs in this country,said President Obama. "It's about giving them tax credits and loans and tax cuts so they can keep growing...
- President Bush in Economic Times
There is no question there are some unsettling times in the housing markets and credits associated with the housing market,Bush said.
- David Chase in CBS News
Originally, I didn't want any credits at all,says Chase. "I just wanted the black screen to go the length of the credits _ all the way to the HBO `whoosh' sound. But the Directors Guild wouldn't give us a waiver."