debit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an accounting entry acknowledging sums that are owing
- v enter as debit
- Because debit cards deduct money directly from the cardholder's bank account, it's not possible to pile up debt like you can with a credit card.
- The banks say that being threatened with legislation had no impact on their decisions to make annoying debit card overdraft fees slightly less annoying.
- Pay-O-Matic, which operates 100 outlets in New York City, recently launched a debit card that earns 3% annual interest on the unused balance.
News & Articles
- Pros and cons of prepaid debit cards
Prepaid debit card use is exploding. They're now the fastest growing payment method. Americans spent about $37 billion on prepaid debit cards last year -- double the amount from 2009, according to the Network Branded Prepaid Card Association.
June 22, 2013 - Bankrate.com
- Police: Man charged $700 on stolen debit card
A 21-year Bryan resident is facing four charges of debit card abuse after a woman reported unauthorized charges on her card.
June 22, 2013 - The Bryan-College Station Eagle
- McDonald’s Debit Card Lawsuit Causes Parent Company To Back Away
The McDonald’s debit card lawsuit has finally sparked a response from the McDonald’s parent company. In recent days, there has been a wave of bad publicity after an employee filed a lawsuit alleging that she was forced to use a fee-laden debit card to receive her pay — causing her to lose much of her... Read more » McDonald’s Debit Card Lawsuit Causes Parent Company To Back Away is a post from ...
June 19, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Paul Maskey in BBC News
We found that the NIHE has been very slow to introduce measures designed to maximise rental income,Mr Maskey said. "For example, a direct debit facility will not be in place for rent payments until 2010."
- Charlie McCreevy in Xinhua
The SEPA Direct Debit scheme is one of the key elements in establishing a single euro payment area. It offers enormous potential for individuals and businesses to manage cross frontier payments on the basis of a single bank account,said...