- n money in the form of bills or coins
there is a desperate shortage of hard cash
- n prompt payment for goods or services in currency or by check
- n United States country music singer and songwriter (1932-2003)
- v exchange for cash
I cashed the check as soon as it arrived in the mail
- The government's cash-for-clunkers program is a big winner with American consumers and the auto industry, but how good is it for the environment?.
- We've collectively got cash on the brain.
- Several proposals for a cash-for-clunkers bill are circulating in Congress, but is a cash rebate enough to get Americans buying cars again?.
- Barack Obama in National Review Online (blog)
Obama said: "You don't go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don't blow a bunch of cash in Vegas when you're trying to save for college."
- Jerry Lewis in The Associated Press
The Democrat majority is treating this troop funding bill like a cash-cow for their election-year wish-list,said Rep. Jerry Lewis, R-Calif.
- Gordon Brown in Bloomberg
The UK's steps to partially nationalize its banking industry provide "the necessary building blocks to allow banks to return to their basic function of providing cash and investment for families and businesses," Chancellor of the Exchequer...