corrupting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality
Socrates was accused of corrupting young men
- v make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence
- v place under suspicion or cast doubt upon
- v alter from the original
- s seducing into corrupt practices
- s harmful to the mind or morals
corrupt judges and their corrupting influence
- s that infects or taints
- There are evangelical Protestants who believe strongly that Christianity should not get too close to the corrupting allure of government power.
- He exploded with contempt for the corrupting ways of Washington at one hearing in 1999.
- Faisal had a reverence for desert ways, and strove mightily to keep alien influences from corrupting his kingdom.
News & Articles
- The Scent Of Money Is Corrupting, Says Study
New research done by University of Utah and Harvard researchers says that even the thought of of money is corrupting. Kristin Smith-Crowe, a management professor and co-author of the study stated “We were interested in why good people would do bad behavior.” Smith-Crowe continued on to say, “We certainly found that the love of money... Read more » The Scent Of Money Is Corrupting, Says Study is ...
June 14, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Failed leadership and fallen sons
Brown’s fall is a cautionary tale about the corrupting power of greed.
June 14, 2013 - Washington Post
- Roger Goodell in FOXSports.com
Goodell said "even if you did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences...... one of the...
- Barney Frank in BBC News
We worry about big money,said Democrat Barney Frank, who headed the negotiations. "I worry about big money having a corrupting influence, but it is reassuring to know that when public opinion gets engaged, it will win."
- Gerry Kelly in Forbes
The verdict shines a light on the corrupting influence of the big oil-service company that was allowed to control too much of our state. That control was part of the culture of corruption I was elected to fight. And that fight must always move... Sarah Palin http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF00-hkC4BFshN_bDZRhICNqNomLA Reuters http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.reuters.com/article/sarahPalin/idUSTRE49Q7FG20081027&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH2NYCxF6dJ2Vvhy7jPzWBLArj--A Oct 27, 2008
22634 30295 corruptive Our objective has been to firewall local policing from the malign and corruptive control of MI5. The proposals today remove MI5 from policing structures in Ireland," said Kelly, an IRA veteran who hopes to become justice minister - involving...