- v reduce the level of land, as by erosion
- v reduce in worth or character, usually verbally
- v lower the grade of something; reduce its worth
- s harmful to the mind or morals
the vicious and degrading cult of violence
- s used of conduct; characterized by dishonor
- Chakrabarty first determined that the genes for oil-degrading enzymes were carried not on the microbes' chromosomes, where most genetic material is found, but elsewhere in the .
- South African students stage a demonstration in protest against a video recording of black workers made to perform degrading acts by white students.
- If interrogators choose to go on the attack, however, they may not "cross the line into humiliating and degrading treatment of the detainee.
News & Articles
- Gregg Popovich on misery
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0620/nba_a_popovich_b1_576.jpg Coaching, says Popovich before Game 7, is for "sick puppies." Gregg Popovich has concocted his own brand of entertainment, which comes in the form of a press conference. He has been honing his technique for decades, and by 2013 it's thick with degrading journalists and picking at the premise of essentially every topic raised. But ...
June 21, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- MBJ: Indiana’s self-serving sequel on manufacturing study
Indiana has employed a scorched earth economic development strategy of degrading the manufacturing and logistical capabilities of its Midwestern neighbors and Southern competitors such as Mississippi.
June 19, 2013 - Mississippi Business Journal
- Novel Enzyme from Tiny Gribble Could Prove a Boon for Biofuels Research
Researchers from the U.K., NREL, and the University of Kentucky have published a paper describing novel cellulose-degrading enzyme from a marine wood borer Limnoria quadripunctata, commonly known as the gribble. Gribbles exhibit a relatively unique ability to produce their own enzymes instead of using symbiotic microbes to break down the biomass they eat. New biomass-degrading enzymes from novel ...
June 18, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Lindsay Lohan in USANewsWeek.com
It is clearly stated in Article 5 of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights that.......... 'No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment,'Lohan said.
- Philip Schiller in Politics Daily (blog)
It came to the point where we were getting customer complaints from women who found the content getting too degrading and objectionable, as well as parents who were upset with what their kids were able to see,Philip W. Schiller, head of...