- s (of persons or their actions) able or disposed to inflict pain or suffering
- s harsh
the brutal summer sun
a brutal winter
- s resembling a beast; showing lack of human sensibility
- s disagreeably direct and precise
he spoke with brutal honesty
- It is said that SAVAK has been brutal.
- Last Saturday night 300,000 regular, National Guard and reserve soldiers wound up the first week of the Army's greatest peacetime maneuvers and went to town to act like brutal .
- Count Giuseppe Volpi, brilliant, suave, self-made Finance Minister, spoke to the Senate, last week, with what he styled "brutal frankness.