- s resembling a beast; showing lack of human sensibility
a dull and brutish man
- The brutish life of Rodriguez Gacha ends in a shoot-out.
- To do that, Amara founded an association that has gained enormous support by refusing to submit to what Amara calls "the brutish law of the strongest" in France's blighted public .
- Harry is then left at the doorstep of his boring but brutish aunt and uncle, the Dursleys.
News & Articles
- Blog: Follow every pick of the NBA draft
The Detroit News aims to provide a forum that fosters smart, civil discussions on the news and events that we cover. The News will not condone personal attacks, off topic posts or brutish language on our site.
June 27, 2013 - Detroit News
- Norman Ornstein in Forbes
This has been a nasty and brutish place for some time,said Norman Ornstein, a congressional analyst at the American Enterprise Institute. "I think for many people, they're tired of it, even if they've been a part of it, and they'd like to...
- Winston Churchill in National Post
Of his accusers, Lord Black of Crossharbour quoted Winston Churchill, saying, "They will have their fleeting moment of brutish triumph" as he enters the largest penitentiary in the United States to become inmate number 18330-424.
- Chris Stringer in BBC News
It's very difficult to dislodge the brutish image from popular thinking,Professor Stringer told BBC News. "When football fans behave badly, or politicians advocate reactionary views, they are invariably called 'Neanderthal', and I can't...