- s (of persons or their actions) able or disposed to inflict pain or suffering
a barbarous crime
- s primitive in customs and culture
- According to Communist Party Propaganda Chief Deng Liqun, spiritual pollution includes "obscene, barbarous or reactionary materials, vulgar taste in artistic performances .
- When the technique works, even the most barbarous of characters may show a flicker of decency.
- It seemed doubtful that elections could take place until the nation's northeast was rid of the barbarous rebels who continued to plague the government last week.
News & Articles
- 222 Years Of Gold, Wars, Inflation, Economies, And Presidents
Whether as the basis for the monetary unit of a country, or in its role in comparison to the currency of other assets, the price of gold has long been a subject of great interest to both the scholar and the general public. MeasuringWorth has created a multi-century time series of the barbarous relic's USD price. From the penny, the crown, the rose ryal, the guinea and the sovereign coin, the ...
June 16, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Stunning Images From China: Ten Thousand People Waiting In Line To Buy Gold
Sometimes one must see to believe, in this case believe just how massive the raw demand for the shiny, barbarous relic is in China during times of relative monetary stability (in this case the Dragon Boat Festival) . Now assume runaway inflation as we saw in 2011 China, which may be unleashed by something as catalytic as the PBOC once again deciding to inject liquidity in its suffocating banking ...
June 14, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Condoleezza Rice in Boston Globe
This barbarous act has no place among civilized people and shocks the conscience of all peace-loving nations. There is no cause that could ever justify this action,Rice said.
- Manmohan Singh in Vancouver Sun
It is with a deep sense of pain and sorrow that I join families and friends in paying my homage to all those who fell victim to this most barbarous act of terrorism,Singh said in his statement. "No religion, faith, or cause can justify...
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Guardian Unlimited
The immense emotion and indignation that gripped the American people in the aftermath of these barbarous actions were felt throughout the entire world,Sarkozy wrote.