barbed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v provide with barbs
- s capable of wounding
a barbed compliment
- s having or covered with protective barbs or quills or spines or thorns or setae etc.
- The Barbed Wire Association of La Crosse, Kans.
- This barbed wire is not against me, it is against the hopes and aspirations of the people.
- The Berlin Wall: A Pictorial History A defecting East German soldier, Conrad Schuman, leaps over a barbed wire barricade into West Berlin on August 15, 1961.
News & Articles
- Expanded Line of ElectroBraid Products from Woodstream Designed for Safe and Secure Fencing
LITITZ, Pa., June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Woodstream Corporation, a global manufacturer of animal control products and electronic containment systems that provide safe, economical alternatives to barbed ...
June 24, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Driver hurt in Copperopolis crash
A 25-year-old man was hospitalized Thursday after his car flipped and landed on a barbed-wire fence
June 22, 2013 - Modesto Bee
- Putin offers ring to make peace with Patriots football owner
ST PETERSBURG, Russia (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin is calling a truce in the War of the Ring - sort of. Accused of pocketing a diamond-encrusted Super Bowl ring that New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft showed him back in 2005, Putin came up with a peace offering, albeit barbed. "You know, I remember neither Mr Kraft nor a ring," Putin said when asked about the incident during ...
June 21, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in USA Today
Those who prevented Iran, at the height of the (Iran-Iraq) war from getting even barbed wire must see now that all the equipment on display today has been built by the mighty hands and brains of experts at Iran's armed forces,Ahmadinejad said.
- Amy Poehler in Philadelphia Daily News
I scratched and clawed through mud and barbed wire and you just glided in on a dogsled wearing your pageant sash and your Tina Fey glasses,Poehler said at one point.
- Barack Obama in Reuters India
The point we were simply making was, is that we don't want barbed wire running through Jerusalem, similar to the way it was prior to the '67 war, that it is possible for us to create a Jerusalem that is cohesive and coherent,Obama said.