- n the state or fact of existing
a point of view gradually coming into being
- n a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently
- v have the quality of being; (copula, used with an adjective or a predicate noun)
- v be identical to; be someone or something
- v occupy a certain position or area; be somewhere
- v have an existence, be extant
- v happen, occur, take place; this was during the visit to my parents' house"
- v be identical or equivalent to
- v form or compose
- v work in a specific place, with a specific subject, or in a specific function
- v represent, as of a character on stage
- v spend or use time
- v have life, be alive
- v to remain unmolested, undisturbed, or uninterrupted -- used only in infinitive form
- v be priced at
- Furthermore, emos complain they are being increasingly threatened and assaulted by smaller groups on the streets on a daily basis.
- In a PTI poll of this age group, in which 501 were surveyed online, two-thirds said being a teenager is harder for them than it was for their parents.
- McInerney, the alleged killer, is being charged as an adult and, if convicted, will likely spend the rest of his childhood, and most of his adulthood, behind bars.
- Lindsay Lohan in USA Today
I did everything I was told to do, I thought I was being compliant,Lohan, 24, said, stopping to cry, as she tried to explain why she violated probation in a 2007 DUI case by missing weekly alcohol-education classes. "I did do everything I...
- Bryan Cranston in Washington Post
It's a double celebration,said Cranston. "It's my 21st anniversary today. However, when I turned to my wife and said, 'Is being nominated enough of an anniversary present for you?' And she said, 'No.' I went, 'OK. I'll be right back.' We...
- Joe Biden in The Associated Press
I remain, as I have been from the beginning, extremely optimistic about the government being formed here,Biden told reporters.