- n the state or fact of existing
laws in existence for centuries
- n everything that exists anywhere
the biggest tree in existence
- Thomas Aquinas formulated his five famed proofs of God's existence with a respect for logic that is not commonly part of modern man's mental furniture.
- But the Web owes much of its existence to Philip Emeagwali, a math whiz who came up with the formula for allowing a large number of computers to communicate at once.
- But as in the case of Natanz, the second plant's existence was initially kept secret and only acknowledged when Iran was about to be confronted with evidence of its existence.
News & Articles
- Pope laments 'gay lobby,' corruption in Vatican: report
By Philip Pullella VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Francis has acknowledged the existence of a "gay lobby" and a "stream of corruption" in the Vatican, according to reports in Catholic media not denied by the Vatican. The pope made the remarks last week in Spanish during a private meeting with representatives of the Latin American and Caribbean Confederation of Religious (CLAR), according to the ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Samsung's Galaxy S4 Zoom: More Camera Than Phone
Rumors have swirled about the existence of a Galaxy S4 Zoom cameraphone for the past few months—and now Samsung has officially announced its existence. Read more...
June 12, 2013 - Gizmodo
- A.C.L.U. Files Suit Over Phone Surveillance Program
The lawsuit contends that the program, whose existence became public last week, is illegal and asks a judge to both stop it and order the records purged.
June 11, 2013 - New York Times
- Barack Obama in Irish Times
The existence of this facility underscores Iran's continuing unwillingness to meet its obligations under UN Security Council resolutions and IAEA requirements,Mr Obama said.
- Ehud Olmert in Forbes
The goal, Olmert said, "is to arrive at a joint statement during the international conference, even though the existence of such a statement was never a condition for holding this conference," he said.
- John McCain in Boston Herald
McCain, the presumptive GOP nominee, said, "Al-Qaeda continues to pose a great threat to the security and very existence of Iraq as a democracy. So we know there's still a lot more of work to be done."