- n the event consisting of the start of something
the beginning of the war
- n the time at which something is supposed to begin
- n the first part or section of something
`It was a dark and stormy night' is a hackneyed beginning for a story
- n the place where something begins, where it springs into being
the Italian beginning of the Renaissance
- n the act of starting something
he was responsible for the beginning of negotiations
- v take the first step or steps in carrying out an action
- v have a beginning, in a temporal, spatial, or evaluative sense
- v set in motion, cause to start
- v begin to speak or say
- v be the first item or point, constitute the beginning or start, come first in a series
- v have a beginning, of a temporal event
- v have a beginning characterized in some specified way
- v begin an event that is implied and limited by the nature or inherent function of the direct object
- v achieve or accomplish in the least degree, usually used in the negative
- v begin to speak, understand, read, and write a language
- s serving to begin
the beginning canto of the poem
- Apocalypto, which Gibson loosely translates from the Greek as "a new beginning," was inspired in large part by his work with the Mirador Basin Project, an effort to preserve a .
- So far, some 50 patients worldwide have received experimental DBS therapy for depression and OCD and that's just the beginning.
- The fact is that Hitler was beloved by his people not the military, at least not in the beginning, but by the average Germans who pledged to him an affection, a tenderness and .
News & Articles
- MAGC concert series beginning
The Marin Art & Garden Center will once again host its summer concert series beginning Thursday June 27 and running through August 15 with the exception of the Fourth of July weekend.
June 12, 2013 - Ross Valley Reporter
- Parks & Rec to offer beginning strings class
The Albany Parks & Recreation Department is offering a class in beginning strings. Instructor is Kim Collar.
June 12, 2013 - Albany Democrat-Herald
- Paul Arcangeli, Minority Staff Director
Paul Arcangeli announced the beginning of a “reign of terror” after taking the helm of the committee staff when Democrats were in the majority. “You can call me Mr. Arcangeli or O Dark Lord,” he joked.
June 12, 2013 - National Journal via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
Obama said he came to Cairo "to seek a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world; one based upon mutual interest and mutual respect; and one based upon the truth that America and Islam are not exclusive, and need not be in...
- Joe Biden in The Associated Press
I remain, as I have been from the beginning, extremely optimistic about the government being formed here,Biden told reporters.
- Ambareesh in Gulf Times
I have waited more than 10 years for Rysher to recognize me as the co-owner of the 'Nash Bridges' series. It was my idea, and I owned the rights in the first place. From the beginning, I have asked only that Rysher honor our contract, and I am so... Don Johnson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Johnson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH7w5Fjp5QBfxSg6o9WNuphqWLjaQ Wall Street Journal http://www.google.com/url?q=http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100707-713457.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHcRXIx5VGXosAh8-VEpGoKO0umbw Jul 7, 2010
9104 12813 begonia Begonia Tessaricarpa was long believed to be extinct but we found the flower blooming in a narrow strip of rocky land during one of our surveys," Kumar Ambarish, one of the two scientists, said.