begotten : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make children
- s (of offspring) generated by procreation
naturally begotten child
- I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER? has already begotten a gray cat licking its chops and saying I DID HAS CHEEZBURGER--and has jumped species to include a white bunny, its mouth open wide .
- Whatever is begotten, born, and dies.
- His Majesty claims to be divinely begotten descendant of Japan's Sun Goddess, and is therefore sanctified in his own right.
News & Articles
- New Superman fails to take off
“Man of Steel.” Rated PG-13. At AMC Loews Boston Common, Regal Fenway Stadium and suburban theaters. Grade: C+ Are you ready for “Jesus Christ: Superman”? It’s not a new Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, but rather “Man of Steel.” in which the hero’s celestial father sends his only begotten son to Earth to save the human race from a demonic adversary. If you watch carefully, the Christ symbolism is ...
June 13, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Albert Mohler in Christian Post
Thus, from its very starting point Islam denies what Christianity takes as its central truth claim - the fact that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father,wrote Mohler on his web blog Wednesday. "If Allah has no Son by...
- Pope Paul VI in BBC News
For his part, the Pope said in a message that despite the division between Moscow and Rome, the icon was a "symbol of the unity of the followers of the only-begotten son of God".
- Mickey Mantle in WorldNetDaily
Mantle assured him by quoting to Richardson and his wife one of the more famous verses from the Bible, John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting...