- v affect with wonder
- s filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock
I stood enthralled, astonished by the vastness and majesty of the cathedral
- What has astonished book publishersand concerned many sociologists and parentsis the fact that 80% of those readers are teenagers.
- But the hospitalization this week of Owen Wilson, 38, after police responded to a report of a suicide attempt at his Santa Monica home, astonished anyone who knows him simply as .
- Aghast and astonished, the agent asks, What do you call your act? The man, with a bright flourish, shouts out, "The Aristocrats!" As Bart Simpson would say, that joke is funny for .
News & Articles
- Mass. man who ordered tie gets SS numbers instead
A Cambridge, Mass. woman whose fiancee ordered a tie and pocket square from Gap Inc. chain Banana Republic says they were astonished at what they got in the mail instead: confidential employee files, including Social...
June 21, 2013 - Channel 8 San Diego
- Mass. Couple Orders Tie From Banana Republic, Gets Employee Files Instead
A Cambridge, Mass. woman whose fiancee ordered a tie and pocket square from Gap Inc. chain Banana Republic says they were astonished at what they got in the mail instead: confidential employee files, including Social Security numbers, W2s, resignation letters and doctors’ notes.
June 21, 2013 - CBS San Francisco
- Confidential files of former employees sent to customer by mistake
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A Cambridge, Mass., couple who ordered a tie and pocket square from Gap Inc. chain Banana Republic say they were astonished at what they got in the mail instead: the confidential files of about 20 former employees, including Social Security numbers and W4 tax forms.
June 21, 2013 - KING5 Seattle
- Rosa Monckton in 940 News
Actually, she would have been astonished to learn that her former husband had married his longtime mistress,Monckton wrote.
- Jim Leach in WOI
Frankly, I'm convinced that the national interest demands a new approach to our interaction with the world,Leach said in a conference call with reporters. "Like many I'm astonished at Barack Obama's meteoric rise as a candidate. I have no...
- Richard Blumenthal in TIME
I'm absolutely astonished and appalled because the number has grown so exponentially over so short of time with no explanation,said Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal, who also had pressed the company earlier for sex offender data.