amazed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v affect with wonder
- v be a mystery or bewildering to
- s filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock
an amazed audience gave the magician a standing ovation
- The brightest meteor in Canada's political sky, Ontario's blatant, spellbinding Premier Mitchell ("Mitch") Hepburn, amazed his Province last week and staggered his.
- Freedom triumphed, science amazed, capitalism saved itself and American culture reigned.
- Her fierce choreography sometimes amazed and sometimes horrified, but in it she embodied modern dance arrogantly and spectacularly.
News & Articles
- Team Report - ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
Matheny not amazed by Molina's numbers
June 16, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Online Snooping? Zut Alors!
The revelation that the U.S. National Security Agency can more or less spy on anyone who uses a phone or the Internet, at home or abroad, has elicited mostly angry and amazed reactions across Europe. Much of the outrage seems to me disingenuous.
June 16, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Take a Look at New Bride Joanna Krupa's Enormous Diamond Rings
Real Housewives of Miami star Joanna Krupa became a wife Thursday in a "million dollar princess wedding ." So what does that all entail? Well, some really, really big diamonds, for starters. The blonde and new husband Romain Zago were spotted out Saturday night and TMZ 's camera guy asked the burning question: Just how big is her bling? Watch the video below and prepare to be amazed ...
June 16, 2013 - Zimbio
- David Miliband in Inquirer.net
This is due "in significant part (to) the malign neglect of the regime," said British Foreign Secretary David Miliband. "I'd be amazed if there hadn't been about 100,000 who died already."
- Tony Hayward in ABC News
I'm just amazed at this testimony,Waxman responded. "Mr. Hayward, you're not taking responsibility. You're kicking the can down the road and acting as if you have nothing to do ...... with the decisions."
- Les Paul in Press-Enterprise
They're not only my friends, but they're great players,Paul said in a telephone interview from his New Jersey mansion. "I never stop being amazed by all the different ways of playing the guitar and making it deliver a message."