- v affect with wonder
- s bewildering or striking dumb with wonder
- s so surprisingly impressive as to stun or overwhelm
an astounding achievement
- I'm not allowed to talk details, but let's just say it is astounding how much of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' graphic novel is in this movie.
- But Li's adherents back home pulled off one of the most astounding protests in recent Chinese history.
- Holden grew up in the Steel City and had a nice, though not astounding, college career at Bucknell.
News & Articles
- Commentary: Real government vs. elected government
The revelation of IRS targeting of specific politically affiliated groups is symptomatic of the astounding growth of the government regulatory state. The government regulatory state is a government wi
June 14, 2013 - Jacksonville Journal-Courier
- Peep A Creepy Photo From 'Miss Peregrine's' Sequel!
At this point, there are probably no more than a dozen people left on the planet who haven't read Ransom Riggs' bestselling novel, "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children," in which a precocious teenager loses his grandfather, travels to Wales, and has a series of astounding adventures involving dental tentacles and World War II wormholes [...]
June 14, 2013 - MTV
- Bruins’ defense rests, looks to state case in Game 2
CHICAGO — When Andrew Shaw scored at 12:08 of triple overtime, lifting the Blackhawks to a 4-3 victory in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final Wednesday night, the scoresheet revealed the Bruins’ defensemen had accumulated an astounding amount of ice time.
June 14, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Bill Donohue in International Herald Tribune
This is one of the worst assaults on Christian sensibilities ever,said Bill Donohue, head of the watchdog Catholic League. "It's not just the ugliness of the portrayal, but the timing - to choose Holy Week is astounding."
- Brad Henry in WOI
Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry says that from such a "horrible crime came tales of astounding goodness."
- Henry Waxman in Financial Times
BP's corporate complacency is astounding,said Henry Waxman, the chairman of the full energy committee. "There is a complete contradiction between BP's words and deeds. You were brought in to make safety the top priority of BP. But under...