- n the verbal act of requesting
- v inquire about
- v make a request or demand for something to somebody
- v direct or put; seek an answer to
- v consider obligatory; request and expect
Aren't we asking too much of these children?
- v address a question to and expect an answer from
- v require as useful, just, or proper
- v require or ask for as a price or condition
He is asking $200 for the table
The kidnappers are asking a million dollars in return for the release of their hostage
- Asking permission is one of the main principles.
- A few months shy of her 12th birthday, Margaret Simon is starting school in a new town and asking God some serious questions.
- The funny thing is, even after asking so many nosy questions on the site, from whether people like eggs over easy to if they ever kissed someone who they weren't all that attracted .
News & Articles
- Indiana teachers asking Glenda Ritz to support Common Core
A group of Indiana teachers is asking School Superintendent Glenda Ritz to support national Common Core education standards.
June 19, 2013 - The Indianapolis Star
- Police asking for public's help in identifying outbuilding thieves
The Gaston County Police Department is asking for the public's help in gathering information about a rash of thefts from residential outbuildings.
June 19, 2013 - WBTV Charlotte
- Bill would prohibit docs from asking patients about guns
Health organizations said a Wisconsin bill that would prohibit doctors from asking patients whether they own guns would interfere with the doctor-patient relationship. The bill was proposed last week by Republican Rep. Michael Schraa, according to a Wisconsin State Journal report. Schraa said the decision to own a firearm is a personal one, and that patients shouldn't be subject to harassment ...
June 19, 2013 - WISC-TV Madison
- David Cameron in The Guardian
We are paying a high price for keeping our country safe, for making our world a safer place and we should keep asking why we are there and how long we must be there,he said. "We are there because the Afghans are not yet ready to keep their...
- Pete Domenici in ABC News
I have carefully studied the Iraq situation, and believe we cannot continue asking our troops to sacrifice indefinitely while the Iraqi government is not making measurable progress to move its country forward,Domenici said.
- Conan O Brien in Forbes
I want to make this clear. I support their cause,O'Brien said of the writers. "These are very talented, very creative people who work extremely hard. I believe what they're asking for is fair."