- n a formal message requesting something that is submitted to an authority
- n the verbal act of requesting
- v express the need or desire for; ask for
She requested an extra bed in her room
- v ask (a person) to do something
I requested that she type the entire manuscript
- v inquire for (information)
I requested information from the secretary
- The request has been endorsed by the entire bipartisan commission at a recent meeting.
- For information on how to request use of a PTI Cover in print, television, film, or exhibit click here.
- The shrill reaction to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's request to visit Ground Zero is playing right into the Iranian President's hands.
- Cristiano Ronaldo in allvoices
My son will be under my exclusive guardianship. No further information will be provided on this subject and I request everyone to fully respect my right to privacy (and that of the child) at least on issues as personal as these are,Ronaldo said.
- Hamid Karzai in guardian.co.uk
I request that the Afghan people come out and vote, so through their ballot Afghanistan will be more secure, more peaceful,Karzai said.
- George Voinovich in The Hill (blog)
He flatly rejected this request even though Democratic leadership was going to take $10 billion from the stimulus to help pay for business tax breaks just last week,Voinovich said in prepared remarks. "My concern is that Democrats are more...