arms : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n weapons considered collectively
- n the official symbols of a family, state, etc.
- n a human limb; technically the part of the superior limb between the shoulder and the elbow but commonly used to refer to the whole superior limb
- n any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm
- n any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting
- n the part of an armchair or sofa that supports the elbow and forearm of a seated person
- n a division of some larger or more complex organization
- n the part of a garment that is attached at the armhole and that provides a cloth covering for the arm
- v prepare oneself for a military confrontation
- v supply with arms
- Hugo Chavez's arms build-up in Venezuela is goading the Brazilians into upgrading their own military.
- The President unveils a strategic arms reduction proposal As a candidate for the presidency in 1980, Ronald Reagan was vocally unenthusiastic about the Strategic Arms.
- Scarcely noticed in the continuing tension in Central America over the past year is the fact that a principal arms supplier to at least three countries in the region is Israel.
News & Articles
- Boy who lost fingers, broke arms in Craig field accident uses faith, music as therapy
Ben Bowersox, 5, has been hospitalized since an accident that broke his arms and severed several of his fingers.
June 13, 2013 - The Florida Times-Union
- Small arms killed soldiers
Small arms killed soldiers Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 9:53 pm, Tuesday, June 11, 2013 The Department of Defense on Tuesday released some details about the death of Army Lt. Col. Todd Clark, whose body is expected to arrive at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware on Wednesday. The ...
June 12, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Small arms fire killed Albany soldier
Small arms fire killed Albany soldier Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 6:01 pm, Tuesday, June 11, 2013 The Department of Defense on Tuesday released a few details about the death of Army Lt. Col. Todd Clark, whose body is expected to arrive at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware on ...
June 11, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Antonin Scalia in AFP
The right to keep and bear arms is not 'a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose,'wrote Alito in the majority opinion for the court's conservative bloc.
- Barack Obama in Freaky Gossip (blog)
A non-violent movement could not have stoped Hitler's armies. Negotiations cannot convince al Qaeda's leaders to lay down their arms, Obama said. "To say that force is sometimes necessary is not a call to cynicism; it is a recognition of...