- n weapons considered collectively
- Like Spain more than three decades ago, the Middle East has become a proving ground for some of the newest weaponry and tactics of the major powers.
- Much of the Pentagon's laser weaponry research is conducted in great secrecy at Kirtland Air Force Base, outside of Albuquerque, at a desert site not far from Los Alamos, the .
- Before the war, Saddam Hussein was thought to have possessed from 650,000 to 1 million tons of weaponry.
News & Articles
- Outside View: Iran's 'Show-Me' president
JAMES ZUMWALT || UPI Outside View Commentator HERNDON, Va., June 18 (UPI) -- The author argues that advanced weaponry should be used to convince Iran to stop develop of its nuclear weapons program.
June 18, 2013 - UPI
- Syrian rebels say they need heavy weaponry, not small arms, from US
BEIRUT — Syrian rebels on Friday described the US decision to provide them with arms as a ‘‘late step’’ and called for shipments to include heavy weaponry capable of tipping the balance of power on the battlefield.
June 15, 2013 - Boston Globe
- U.S. aid to Syria rebels likely to include mortars, RPGs: sources
By Mark Hosenball WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is likely to send weaponry like rocket-propelled grenades and mortars to Syria's rebels after President Barack Obama approved arming the insurgents, sources said on Friday. A source in the Middle East who is familiar with U.S. dealings with the rebels told Reuters that weapon supplies would include automatic weapons, light mortars and ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Anthony Weiner in DefenseNews.com (subscription)
The idea that we are going to reward the Saudis with precision weaponry is a stunningly bad idea, and clearly deserves the full review of Congress,Weiner said.
- Raymond Kelly in FOXNews
The attacks, Kelly added, also "represent a shift in tactics toward low-tech weaponry and a coordinated effort by a small group of men."