- v put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose
This thinking was applied to many projects
- v be pertinent or relevant or applicable
- v ask (for something)
He applied for a leave of absence
She applied for college
- v apply to a surface
She applied paint to the back of the house
- v be applicable to; as to an analysis
- v give or convey physically
- v avail oneself to
- v ensure observance of laws and rules;
- v refer (a word or name) to a person or thing
He applied this racial slur to me!
- v apply oneself to
- a concerned with concrete problems or data rather than with fundamental principles
technical problems in medicine, engineering, economics and other applied disciplines"- Sidney Hook
- When "directional pressure" is applied, the bb's flatten, and slack muscles snap back, their strength restored.
- The key is identifying where capital is being applied efficiently and inefficiently.
- Despite an easing of marijuana laws in the 1970s, the Reagan Administration's get-tough drug policies applied to marijuana as well.
News & Articles
- Applied Rapid Technologies to Distribute Bolson Materials
Spools of ABS and ABS+ materials for production grade 3D printers FREDERICKSBURG, VA – Applied Rapid Technologies Corporation (ART), a leading provider of rapid prototyping and short-run production solutions announces the addition of Bolson Materials to our additive manufacturing materials offerings. These materials help lower operating costs and add value and features beyond those ...
June 21, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Applied Industrial Technologies Declares Quarterly Dividend and Announces Annual Meeting Date
CLEVELAND, June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) Chief Executive Officer Neil A. Schrimsher today announced that the Company's Board of Directors has declared a quarterly ...
June 20, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Applied Micro Circuits (AMCC) Surged To A New High For The Year
Shares of Applied Micro Circuits (AMCC) climbed for the majority of Tuesday's session. The stock ended the day with a gain of 1.62 at $9.72 on the highest volume of the year.
June 19, 2013 - RTT News
- Barack Obama in BusinessWeek
He has applied the Constitution and the laws of the land with fidelity and restraint,Obama told reporters in the White House Rose Garden April 9.
- Antonin Scalia in Christian Science Monitor
Under any standards of scrutiny that we have applied to enumerated constitutional rights, banning from the home the most preferred firearm in the nation to keep and use for protection of one's home and family, would fail constitutional muster,...
- Martin Luther King in Washington Post
Martin Luther King III, son of the famous civil rights leader, said some punishment may be in order for the six teens, but he criticized a justice system that "isn't applied the same to all crimes and all people."