apply : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose
I apply this rule to get good results
- v be pertinent or relevant or applicable
The same laws apply to you!
- v ask (for something)
apply for a job
- v apply to a surface
- v be applicable to; as to an analysis
- v give or convey physically
- v avail oneself to
apply a principle
- v ensure observance of laws and rules;
- v refer (a word or name) to a person or thing
- v apply oneself to
Please apply yourself to your homework
- Laborers abroad could apply for the same visa, which in their case would be capped at 400,000 annually; at least 87,000 of those workers would be eligible to apply for green .
- The plan also doesn't apply to investors or people with jumbo mortgages those, historically, larger than $417,000.
- Video rsums have long tickled imaginations in Hollywood (can a blond legally apply to Harvard via VHS?) without making much of a dent in the real world.
News & Articles
- Last day to apply for Main Street Gardnerville board
Today is the last day to apply for a position on the Main Street Gardnerville board. Anyone interested must be a lessee or own property in the program area, which includes most of downtown Gardnerville.
June 14, 2013 - The Record-Courier
- Restaurants RUSTIC ROCK CHOPHOUSE Wanted: Line Cooks. Apply in person
Wanted: Line Cooks. Apply in person at Rustic Rock Chophouse, Hwy. 53, Eveleth.
June 14, 2013 - Hibbing Daily Tribune
- Undocumented immigrants may apply to Loyola med school
Undocumented immigrants are now welcome to apply at Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine in an unprecedented move school officials hope might spread to the rest of the medical community. “We’re happy to be the first, but we hope we’re not the last,” Linda Brubaker, the school’s dean said on Thursday. Loyola is waiving legal residency as a requirement and is working to help students ...
June 13, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
As other states and localities go their own ways, we face the prospect that different rules for immigration will apply in different parts of the country,Obama said. "A patchwork of local immigration rules where we all know one clear...
- Tiger Wood in Montreal Gazette
But the most telling aspect of what Woods said, and which leads one to believe he truly was sincere, was this: "I knew my actions were wrong, but I convinced myself that normal rules didn't apply. I never thought about who I was hurting. Instead, I...
- Elena Kagan in NECN
As a judge, you are on nobody's team. As a judge you are an independent actor and your job is simply to evaluate the law and evaluate the facts and apply the one to the other as best, as most prudently, as most wisely as you can,Kagan said....