- v ensure observance of laws and rules;
- v compel to behave in a certain way
- Said he: "If you keep stoking these fires, there's a serious question whether you can enforce the court orders.
- It was a bold move since the sheriff's duties specifically include the obligation to enforce writs of eviction.
- Now, however, Monsanto hopes to enforce biologically what it can't enforce contractually.
News & Articles
- Grocers say potato group illegally boosted spud prices, spied on farmers to enforce limits
BOISE, Idaho — A battle between grocers and potato growers has been silently hitting shoppers' pocketbooks, according to a U.S. wholesaler accusing America's spud farmers of driving up prices while spying on farmers with satellites and aircraft fly-overs to enforce strict limits on how many tubers they can grow.
June 14, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Concealed-carry confusion
It's the duty of state prosecutors to enforce the law until the law is changed by the proper authorities. It's the duty of state prosecutors to enforce the law until the law is changed by the proper authorities. It would be a gross understatement, to say the least, to suggest that Illinois is in a state of confusion on the issue of a citizen's right to carry a concealed weapon. It's in a state ...
June 14, 2013 - IlliniHQ.com
- Kenya targets the rich to shore up revenues in 2013/14 budget
NAIROBI (Reuters) - Kenya will look at ways to enforce a capital tax gains as it seeks to shore up revenues in the face of ever-growing demands for cash to fund an expanded government and development projects, its minister of finance said on Thursday. President Uhuru Kenyatta, who took up the helm of east Africa's biggest economy in April, has vowed to lift 10 million people out of poverty and ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- William Bratton in KNBC.com
I figured I'd come over and straighten out -- we have no intention of participating in today's hearing. It's a total waste of time. We have sufficent laws on the books that we enforce to deal with this issue,Bratton said, still sweaty from...
- Barack Obama in Reuters
We will never undertake this research lightly,Obama said. "We will develop strict guidelines, which we will rigorously enforce, because we cannot ever tolerate misuse or abuse."
- Harriet Harman in guardian.co.uk
Immigration is a tough issue for a lot of Americans. The agreement reached today is one that will help enforce our borders, but equally importantly, it will treat people with respect. This is a bill where people who live here in our country will be... President Bush http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFh0u2JMmcpgHHAEOKNoPb27FyIcg FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,273192,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHVzYOPOaeSA_V-ADCR0cpiXZ-GtA May 17, 2007
33094 42422 enforceable Harman attacked Goodwin on the Andrew Marr programme, saying: It might be enforceable in a court of law, this [pension] contract, but it is not enforceable in the court of public opinion, and that is where the government steps in. Sir Fred Goodwin...