- v evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of
- v consider in a comprehensive way
- s exercising or involving careful evaluations
looked him over with an appraising eye
- Realistically appraising the degrees of their own recovery and the hazard of relapse under pressure, they confirmed the adage "It takes one to know one.
- In the postwar turmoil, Victor Emmanuel, appraising unrest at home and tottering dynasties abroad, handed Italy over to Benito Mussolini.
- He glamorizes a scene in Days of Being Wild just by appraising himself in a full-length mirror while doing an expert cha-cha.
News & Articles
- Appraisals depend on various factors
Appraising real estate is part process, part intuition, part skill and part technique, and every appraiser will say it's an inexact science.
June 17, 2013 - Denver Post
- Alan Johnson in 24dash
Mr Johnson said: "The draft Constitution will address this by making it explicit that patients have the right to Nice-approved drugs if clinically appropriate. We will also speed up the national process for appraising new drugs and make the process...
- Jeremy Foley in ESPN
After appraising our women's basketball program over the past few seasons and seeing where we are today, it is evident that a change of coaching personnel is needed,Foley said Monday. "This was a very difficult decision that came after...
- Urban Meyer in GatorBait.net
After appraising the top-100 list, I saw that he was ranked highly and I wanted to know where he was going,Meyer said. "I knew Warren Central from my days at Notre Dame. I called the coach, and he said, 'Coach, you'll never believe this,...