- v make known; make an announcement
- v announce publicly or officially
- v give the names of
He announced the winners of the spelling bee
- v foreshadow or presage
- s declared publicly; made widely known
their announced intentions
- Last week Parnia and his colleagues at the Human Consciousness Project announced their first major undertaking: a 3-year exploration of the biology behind "out-of-body .
- Dalim further announced that martial law, as well as a 24-hour curfew, had been proclaimed throughout the country.
- In June, just before Tha Carter III went on sale, Wayne announced on YouTube that he'd be releasing the tracks for free on a tape called The Leak.
News & Articles
- Photo contest winners announced
River Park North has announced the winners of its annual amateur photography contest. The photos were taken in the park from June 1, 2012, to May 31.
June 23, 2013 - The Daily Reflector
- NBC Fall Premiere Dates Announced For Grimm, The Voice, Michael J. Fox Show & More
NBC has announced premiere dates for its fall schedule - including returning hits "Grimm," "The Voice" and "Chicago Fire."
June 21, 2013 - Access Hollywood via Yahoo! News
- Why Apple Announced the New Mac Pro Early & Likely Ship Date
Apple announced the new Mac Pro at WWDC last week. Some have asked why the announcement came so early. Apple's website says, "Coming later this year," and we all know that could be very late in the year. Also, what needs to happen for the new Mac Pro to ship?
June 21, 2013 - The Mac Observer
- Dana Perino in Reuters India
Even as you are worried about keeping your jobs or paying your bills or staying in your homes, my opponent's campaign announced last week that they plan to 'turn the page' on the discussion about our economy so they can spend the final weeks of... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Dallas Morning News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/topstories/stories/101208dnpoleconvoters.3dce7c7.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGw_nYdZKs76JqWXLdUAJtMFLOrTg Oct 11, 2008
3993 5959 announced There is an orderly way to do bankruptcies that provides for more of a soft landing," Perino said. "That would be one of the options. I'm not saying that is necessarily what would be announced."
- President Bush in Daily Times
We've got a leader in Iran who has announced that he wants to destroy Israel,Bush said. "So I've told people that, if you're interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them from having the...