- v declare formally; declare someone to be something; of titles
He was proclaimed King
- v state or announce
- v affirm or declare as an attribute or quality of
- v praise, glorify, or honor
- s declared publicly; made widely known
the newspaper's proclaimed adherence to the government's policy
- Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee has proclaimed October "Student Religious Liberty Month" and is sending a letter urging school districts to allow students to pray; the letter also .
- Harry Truman unkindly proclaimed Graham a "counterfeit," a mere publicity monger, but while I still remain a Truman Democrat, I think our last really good President oversimplified .
- Brooks Baekeland was a self-proclaimed writer who never published.
News & Articles
- U.S. faces challenges trying to charge Edward Snowden
WASHINGTON – Experts said the Justice Department faces challenges in bringing criminal charges against self-proclaimed leaker Edward Snowden but probably was moving as quickly as possible to take the 29-year-old former National Security Agency contractor into custody before he spills additional intelligence secrets.
June 13, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Can Brazil Really Handle The 2014 FIFA World Cup?
Now that Brazil has officially lost its oomph as the world's ultimate soccer power -- the self-proclaimed 'Land of Soccer' currently occupies a distant 22nd place on FIFA's Coca-Cola World Ranking -- many Brazilians have also lost their hopes of seeing the once unbeatable Brazilian national soccer team winning its sixth world title at home, as the 2014 FIFA World Cup will be hosted by the South ...
June 12, 2013 - Forbes
- Apple's Self-Proclaimed 'Cool' Prompts Stock Drop
At its Worldwide Developer's Conference (WWDC) Monday, the Wall Street Journal reports that Apple's marketing chief, Phil Schiller, exclaimed, "Can't innovate any more, my a—." Investors responded to Apple's self-proclaimed 'cool' by shaving 6 points from its stock price between the June 10 open and June 11 pre-market.
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- Dan Gilbert in The Detroit News
Gilbert added: "The self proclaimed former 'King' will be taking the 'curse' with him down south. And until he does right by Cleveland and Ohio, James will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma."
- President Bush in 940 News
We are heartened by the fact that the Kosovo government has clearly proclaimed its willingness and its desire to support Serbian rights in Kosovo,Bush said. "We also believe it's in Serbia's interest to be aligned with Europe and the...
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in The Associated Press
In full, Ahmadinejad says the US is "the self-proclaimed leader, and everybody should know that a self-proclaimed leadership is (a) dictatorship. I am going to say, on behalf of you, that the years of dictatorship are over."