- n (formal) a person who announces important news
the chieftain had a herald who announced his arrival with a trumpet
- n something that precedes and indicates the approach of something or someone
- v foreshadow or presage
- v praise vociferously
- v greet enthusiastically or joyfully
News & Articles
- Herald-Republic testing out new comics
Sun, 09 Jun 2013 09:00:51 GMT Color/BlackColor/BlackPastis Yakima Herald-Republic readers will see a new comic strip starting Monday while the creator of another comic takes the summer off. Garry Trudeau, the artist behind “Doonesbury,” is taking a sabbatical until after Labor Day to work on a comedy series for ...
June 14, 2013 - Yakima Herald-Republic
- Herald Journal outdoors photo contest underway
Welcome to the Herald Journal! Special price!
June 14, 2013 - The Logan Herald Journal
- Herald dedicates its new Doral headquarters
The Miami Herald Media Co. dedicated its new Doral headquarters, geared toward a new age of digital news delivery.
June 12, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Nicolas Sarkozy in BusinessWeek
The signs of recovery that seem to herald the end of the global recession would not encourage us to be less daring,Sarkozy said.
- Julian Bond in International Herald Tribune
Julian Bond told the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People convention Sunday night that Obama's candidacy doesn't "herald a post-civil rights America, any more than his victory in November will mean that race as an issue has...
- Robert Kraft in USA Today
I must compliment the Boston Herald for doing what is unprecedented in terms of recognizing their error in a major way,Kraft said. "I'm really delighted with that, but I wish it never happened."