- n enthusiastic approval
the book met with modest acclaim
- v praise vociferously
- v clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
- To provide an alternative, she opened a millinery boutique in Deauville, won enough acclaim to set up shop in Paris in 1914.
- What's more, her fluent English could mean that a Chinese star named Ziyi (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Rush Hour 2) won't be the only crossover Zhang to win global acclaim.
- In Japan several composers, including Mamoru Samuragoch (Onimusha) and Yoko Shimomura (Legend of Mana), have won acclaim for writing big-screen-quality music for small-screen games.
News & Articles
- The C.G. Collection
The Acclaim vanity from the C.G. Collection features a variety of storage drawers, ideal for stowing away personal care products. Available in six sizes, the unit features classic features, including tapered legs, a countertop with backsplash, a square sink and brushed metal hardware.
June 18, 2013 - Kitchen and Bath Business
- 5 smart takes on Kanye West's Yeezus
The latest album by hip-hop's most provocative innovator has earned universal acclaim — but for a variety of reasons
June 18, 2013 - The Week via Yahoo! News
- Bob Seger to perform on 'The Voice' season finale today
The Detroit rocker will perform with the Swon Brothers, the Oklahoma duo who drew acclaim -- and a Top 10 iTunes showing -- for last week's performance of Seger's 'Turn the Page.'
June 18, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Rick Perry in Forbes
Molly Ivins' clever and colorful perspectives on people and politics gained her national acclaim and admiration that crossed party lines,Perry said in a statement.
- Brad Henry in NME.com
For more than 20 years, Oklahoma's own Flaming Lips have produced creative, fun and provocative rock music,Henry said in a statement. "The music of The Flaming Lips has earned Grammys, glowing critical acclaim and fans all over the world....
- Barbara Broccoli in FOXNews
Eva is one of France's most accomplished young actresses, now receiving international acclaim,producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli said Thursday in a statement. "She brings to the complex role of Vesper an exciting combination...