hail : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents
- n many objects thrown forcefully through the air
a hail of pebbles
a hail of bullets
- n enthusiastic greeting
- v praise vociferously
The critics hailed the young pianist as a new Rubinstein
- v be a native of
She hails from Kalamazoo
- v call for
hail a cab
- v greet enthusiastically or joyfully
- v precipitate as small ice particles
It hailed for an hour
- One hailstorm smashed 3,000,000 bushels of standing wheat in Nebraska; another destroyed $2,000,000 worth of tobacco in North Carolina.
- East Indian story-tellers spin yarns of hailstones as large as elephants.
- President Eduard Senes was saying hail and farewell last week.
News & Articles
- Hail, rain, strong wind in eastern Colorado
A storm has brought hail, heavy rain and strong winds to parts of eastern Colorado, with fire officials in La Junta (lah-HUN'-tah) reporting damage to an airport hangar and downed power poles.
June 18, 2013 - KGWN-TV Cheyenne
- Hail pummels Mount Rushmore, Rapid City
The famous faces at Mount Rushmore National Memorial got hit by 2-inch diameter hail on Monday afternoon, but it was 10 minutes of smaller hail that pummeled flowerbeds around Rapid City.
June 18, 2013 - Rapid City Journal
- Hail, downed trees reported in parts of Mid-Mich.
Golf ball-sized hail, downed trees -- and a funnel cloud -- were reported in Saginaw County following a severe thunderstorm moved through Monday afternoon -- see photos from today's storm here .
June 17, 2013 - WNEM TV 5 Mid-Michigan