hair-raiser : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n excitation that makes your hair stand up or that chills your bones
the movie was an old-fashioned hair-raiser
- Zane Grey has contributed another hair-raiser, in which a sand storm is a vast feature.
- The real hair-raiser is a statue of the Virgin Mary in the village of Maria, a winding 15-km drive through the mountains from the main port of Larena.
- He edited, expounded, translated the plays of Henrik Ibsen; himself wrote The Green Goddess, suave hair-raiser played by George Arliss in 1920.
News & Articles
- E-step ahead: Giles slips past G-Girls 2-1
Hair-raiser... Courtney Estep of Giles, left, and Graham’s Alysia Leung chase the ball during the G-Girls’ season-opening match on Tueesady with the Spartans at the East River Soccer Complex. Giles won 2-1.
March 19, 2014 - Bluefield Daily Telegraph
- Margaret Atwood in New York Times
If there were any doubts about her stature as a pre-eminent American novelist, of her own or any other generation, 'Beloved' will put them to rest,Atwood wrote. "In three words or less, it'sa hair-raiser."