announce : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make known; make an announcement
- v announce publicly or officially
- v give the names of
He announced the winners of the spelling bee
- v foreshadow or presage
- CBS and NBC have become the last broadcast networks to announce their fall premiere dates, which is the earliest I recall the fall slate being settled in some time.
- As the nation waits for John McCain and Barack Obama to announce their running mates, PTI looks back at the worst vice presidents in the country's history.
- Obama getting ready to announce his decision, with Democratic sources continuing to say "Watch Biden.
- Tina Fey in CNN (blog)
On her Emmy nod for outstanding lead actress in a comedy program, Fey described the moment as exciting, and also "an appropriate time for me to announce to NBC that I will not be renewing my contract...... with my gym."
- John McCain in New York Times
Dates for withdrawal are dictated by conditions,Mr. McCain, the senior Republican on the Armed Services Committee, told reporters on Capitol Hill. "The way that you win wars is to break the enemy's will, not to announce dates that you are...
- Miguel Angel Moratinos in Worthy News
Today we announce with complete satisfaction that the objectives we have worked toward have been met,Moratinos told reporters.