- n a person who goes before or announces the coming of another
- n something that precedes and indicates the approach of something or someone
- n anything that precedes something similar in time
- The forerunner of the nation was a prehistoric band clustered around a fire beside a river in a valley.
- When the Asian financial crisis struck in 1997, however, he created a Web page the forerunner of his subscription service, RGE Monitor that became the go-to place for .
- Charles Haughey, a discredited forerunner in the Taoiseach's office, described Ahern admiringly as "the most cunning, the most devious, the best of them all.
News & Articles
- Today in History for June 14, 2013
Today is Friday, June 14, the 165th day of 2013. There are 200 days left in the year. This is Flag Day. Today's Highlight in History: On June 14, 1777, the Continental Congress in Philadelphia adopted the Stars and Stripes as the national flag. On this date: In 1775, the Continental Army, forerunner of the United States Army, was created. In 1801, former American Revolutionary War general and ...
June 14, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Customizers put deluxe spins on Focus ST
Ford touts the Focus ST as not only being the company's first "truly global performance car," but also as the forerunner for future performance vehicles in North America.
June 13, 2013 - Detroit News
- App of the Week: Strava Cycling
App Name: Strava Cycling Price: Free Available Platforms: iOS, Android, Garmin Forerunner, Garmin Edge What does this app do?: Strava Cycling, created by Michael Horvath, is a social media app for cycling enthusiasts. The app syncs with iPhone, Android, or Garmin devices and lets users...
June 12, 2013 - ABC News via Yahoo! News