foreshore : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the part of the seashore between the highwater mark and the low-water mark
- From the pillared gates of the Mount Nelson it is a straight downhill walk to the foreshore past the Gardens originally planted by the Dutch East India Company settlers of 1652 .
- They were the men who, "with undaunted courage and a spanner," sloshed out between tides on a windy foreshore to where, half buried in mud, lay a magnetic minefirst specimen .
- The city council has fenced off a kilometer of foreshore and installed the first of 50 cosy burrows; six will have peepholes through which .
News & Articles
- Scituate: Keeping an eye on seawalls
As winter storm season approaches, work is wrapping up on the town’s foreshore protection projects, while a close eye is being kept on all coastal protection structures to check for any hints there may be problems ahead.
Oct. 10, 2013 - Scituate Mariner