- v give advice to
- v inform (somebody) of something
I advised him that the rent was due
- v make a proposal, declare a plan for something
- a having the benefit of careful prior consideration or counsel
a well-advised delay in carrying out the plan
- s having received information
be kept advised
- He helped cobble together an alliance of Evangelicals and Catholic conservatives, advised Karl Rove on Sudan policy and put his prestige behind an anti-gay-marriage lobbying body .
- The magnetic fields are supposed to be perfectly safe for sleepers, but you're advised to take off your earrings before vacuuming underneath.
- He has been a co-chair of the Texas Republican Party for eight years, is friends with House majority leader Tom DeLay (whom he has advised on the Pledge Patriot Act, which seeks to .
News & Articles
- FAA Advised to Relax Rules for Gadgets on Airplanes
FAA Advised to Relax Rules for Gadgets on Airplanes
June 21, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Picking a donor-advised fund provider
Charitably-inclined clients can give to their favorite causes and reap big tax benefits if they are introduced to the world of donor-advised funds. And advisers who make that introduction - and help their ...
June 21, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Legal Notice: Please be advised that Walden Green Montessori, located at 17339 Roosevelt Road, Spring Lake, MI 49456 ...
Legal Notice: Please be advised that Walden Green Montessori, located at 17339 Roosevelt Road, Spring Lake, MI 49456 will be conducting a public hearing on June 26, 2013 at 8:15 AM for the purpose of reviewing and considering final approval of Walden Green's annual 2013-2014 general budget. This meeting is open to the public and will be conducted in accordance with the Open Meetings Act ...
June 20, 2013 - Grand Haven Tribune
- Barack Obama in Melbourne Herald Sun
On a media conference call Sunday, Obama said Clinton was guilty of "an unfortunate remark, an ill-advised remark," and denied that his campaign was whipping up black opposition to the former first lady.
- David Miliband in International Herald Tribune
I got involved in something I should have had no part of. I realize that I should have used better judgment and I regret not thinking things through before I made a spontaneous and ill-advised decision to let myself get involved with the people... Jessica Alba http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Alba&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFZfLS-ZLE57BQ6Psyn1sq4ATnM5g Popeater http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.popeater.com/movies/article/jessica-alba-shark-photo/521521&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNERgqu92f0aJEIt800oDGQZTQJpYg Jun 10, 2009
1632 2251 advisedly The first thing is to be clear about the sadism, and I use that word advisedly, that's going on," Miliband told BBC television, citing "people being tortured, people being beaten."