- n an arm of the Mediterranean between Greece and Turkey; a main trade route for the ancient civilizations of Crete and Greece and Rome and Persia
- a of or relating to or characteristic of the prehistoric Aegean civilization
- a of or relating to or bordering the Aegean Sea
News & Articles
- First Impressions from Turkey
Kusadasi, Turkey, on the Aegean Sea – My impressions from my first 24 hours in Turkey are decidedly personal and narrow–I’m observing Turkish society through a straw.
June 17, 2013 - Cato Institute
- European Commission Weighs Greek Airlines Deal
Aegean Airlines, which wishes to take over Olympic, is awaiting a ruling Sept. 3 that the airlines say is their only hope for survival.
June 16, 2013 - New York Times
- Turkish PM vows new gesture aimed to cool protests
The protests have centered lately on three cities: Istanbul, Izmir on the Aegean Sea coast, and Ankara, the capital.
June 14, 2013 - Abilene Reporter-News
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Reuters
We do not want to see the Aegean as a sea dividing us. We want to see the Aegean as a sea of peace,Erdogan told a news conference alongside Papandreou.
- Christian Streiff in Boston Globe
We are very proud to see a renewed order from Aegean Airlines so quickly after becoming a new Airbus customer in December 2005,said Airbus Chief Executive Christian Streiff.
- Dora Bakoyannis in msnbc.com
There is an increase in tension in the Aegean, which is evaluated very seriously by the Greek side,Bakoyannis said. "We have overflights - not the usual overflights we had in the past, but overflights over inhabited islands - which worries...