- a depending on free oxygen or air
- a based on or using the principles of aerobics; enhancing respiratory and circulatory efficiency
running is very aerobic
- For 22 weeks, the aerobic group worked out for 45 minutes three times a week on the treadmill or stationary bicycle; the resistance-training group spent an equal amount of time on .
- Her study suggests that regular aerobic exercise, even starting in middle age, could be a crucial factor.
- It is a backward business organization, in fact, that does not subsidize some kind of aerobics program at least for its executives.
News & Articles
- Study Supports Idea that Seniors Can Meet Their Weekly Exercise Needs in Small Pieces
June 20, 2013 – Senior citizens need at least 150 minutes (2 hours and a half) a week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity, like a brisk walk. There is new research out today that may encourage more seniors to make the effort. The study from Queen’s University says it make no difference if a senior does this in one big effort of in a series of smaller efforts during the week.
June 20, 2013 - Senior Journal
- Working out, bulking up
Warriors new strength-training program making a difference Two weeks ago, Del Norte High head football coach Ray Rook found himself with a little bit of free time. Fifty members of his football team were participating in strength and conditioning workouts. Half were engaged in weightlifting. The other half performed a CrossFit exercise — heavy on aerobic activity, heavy on repetition. Rook ...
June 20, 2013 - The Daily Triplicate
- LR Family: Fitness Father Figures
A hurried lifestyle running from point A to point B as a family does not equate to healthful living. Aerobic exercise and unstructured active play often take a backseat to other pulls on our attention.
June 19, 2013 - KTHV Little Rock
- Lisa Nowak in USA Today
I can do weights,Nowak said. "I don't have other suitable aerobic exercises. There's no specific exercise required, but staying in shape is a requirement of the military."
- Jake Gyllenhaal in Newstrack India (blog)
I guess I've gotten buff. There's a lot of acrobatics in the movie - a lot of running up walls, and jumping on things, so it requires muscularity, but it requires a lot of aerobic ability too,Gyllenhaal said.