- a living or active in the absence of free oxygen
- a not aerobic
isometric exercises are anaerobic
- So it switches to a cruder, less efficient way of breaking down sugar without blood-borne oxygen (anaerobic glycolysis) to extract whatever energy it can.
- Once waste is packed inside the airtight cells, anaerobic digestion by bacteria will generate gases that will be pumped to a biogas engine, then burned to produce steam to generate .
- The other system is anaerobic, in which muscles use reactions that do not depend on oxygen to produce energy from carbohydrates and other chemicals stored in the muscle.
News & Articles
- Fuel Cell Technology Market Led by PEMFC By 2018 Says New Research Report at ReportsnReports.com
“Fuel Cell Technology Market: By Applications (Portable, Stationary, Transport), Types (PEMFC, DMFC, PAFC, SOFC, MCFC), Fuel (Hydrogen, Natural Gas, Methanol, Anaerobic Digester Gas) & Geography- Global Trends and Forecast to 2018” is the new market research report added to ReportsnReports.com store. (PRWeb June 21, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/fuel-cell-technology ...
June 21, 2013 - PRWeb
- Lexington considering an anaerobic digester
A local desire to get “greener” and a push by the state to ban large institutions from discarding food waste into landfills has prompted Lexington to consider housing one of the state’s first anaerobic digesters on municipal land.
June 20, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Janesville official points to jobs in touting $3.3 million Seneca Foods plan
Janesville officials are proposing a plan to build a $3.3 million anaerobic pretreatment lagoon to slash Seneca Foods' wastewater costs.
June 20, 2013 - The Janesville Gazette
- Chris Huhne in ZDNet UK (blog)
It's ridiculous that the 1976 Local Government Act prevents councils from selling electricity from local wind turbines, or from anaerobic digestion,said Huhne. "I want to see this repealed and by the end of the year I hope local...
- Hilary Benn in letsrecycle.com
Launching the document, Secretary of State for the environment, Hilary Benn, said: "Anaerobic digestion has fantastic potential because it uses organic material that would otherwise be thrown away and converts it into renewable energy. I've already...
- Phil Woolas in letsrecycle.com
Energy minister Phil Woolas said: "Anaerobic digestion is still an emerging technology outside the water treatment industry in this country, and it's clear we are not yet making full use of its potential. It has a number of real environmental...