- n a drug that causes temporary loss of bodily sensations
- a relating to or producing insensibility
- s characterized by insensibility
- No sooner have the anaesthetic merits of ethylene been successfully demonstrated by Chicago physiologists than another candidate for sleep producing honors arises in Germany.
- After a few moments I opted for the "fast-acting" Nan Shi Xin Bao spray, a local anaesthetic to prolong coitus, and the high, focused promise of the Sinphar Supra Softgels.
- Jodie said she felt better: she didn't notice the absence of anaesthetic.
News & Articles
- Propofol discovery may help lead to development of new anaesthetics
( Imperial College London ) New research on the most commonly used anaesthetic drug could help to unravel a long-standing mystery about how it induces a pain-free, sleep-like state. Following years of research, scientists have identified exactly how propofol acts at a molecular level. Having a more detailed picture of exactly how it works in the brain may help scientists to design new versions ...
Sept. 22, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Raila Odinga in BBC News
Asked if he would urge his supporters to calm down, Mr Odinga told the BBC: "I refuse to be asked to give the Kenyan people an anaesthetic so that they can be raped."
- Petr Cech in Times Online
I hope I will be back in goal soon,Cech said. "I will have to wait for what the doctor says. I cannot do anything right now, two days after the anaesthetic. The club said I should be back in two weeks, so we shall see. I believe it will be...
- Tracey Wickham in The Age
It's a horrible pain. It's in your gut,Wickham said. "I'd rather chop off both my legs without being under general anaesthetic. Anything just to have that pain taken away because I don't want to have to live with it for another 40-odd...