ill-advised : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a without careful prior deliberation or counsel
it would be ill-advised to accept the offer
- Hurricane season is a time to board up the house, gather emergency supplies and gear up to watch reporters do ill-advised live shots.
- Jokes about being deaf and anecdotes about Normandy and George Shultz seemed ill-advised even his pen was old.
- But some ill-advised prep material from the Education Department like suggestions that teachers have students write letters on "how to help the President" and recommendations .
News & Articles
- Driver Fail: Man Crashes Car While Trying to Avoid DUI Checkpoint
As if we needed further proof that drinking impairs judgment, a man's ill-advised attempt to avoid a DUI checkpoint resulted in a car crash that got him arrested. [ more › ]
June 15, 2013 - LAist
- Video: Gael Monfils hits crazy trick shot at Gerry Weber Open
The King of Ill-Advised Trick Shots was at it again on Friday. After winning the first set, Gael Monfils was serving at 3-5 in the second set of his quarterfinal match against Tommy Haas at the Gerry Weber Open when he had an easy lob to put away to take a 30-15 lead in the game.
June 14, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Chad Johnson Lawyer Seeks Reprieve From Jail Sentence
*As previously reported by EURweb, Former NFL wideout Chad Johnson was sentenced to 30 days behind bars for giving his attorney a “thank you” pat on the rear end in court Monday, sources say. The ill-advised, ill-timed gesture is one of many used by athletes to express emotion during competition. The abrupt ruling came just [...]
June 14, 2013 - EURweb
- Barack Obama in Melbourne Herald Sun
On a media conference call Sunday, Obama said Clinton was guilty of "an unfortunate remark, an ill-advised remark," and denied that his campaign was whipping up black opposition to the former first lady.
- Jimmy Carter in Reuters AlertNet
I got involved in something I should have had no part of. I realize that I should have used better judgment and I regret not thinking things through before I made a spontaneous and ill-advised decision to let myself get involved with the people... Jessica Alba http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Alba&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFZfLS-ZLE57BQ6Psyn1sq4ATnM5g Popeater http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.popeater.com/movies/article/jessica-alba-shark-photo/521521&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNERgqu92f0aJEIt800oDGQZTQJpYg Jun 10, 2009
49491 67287 ill-advised I think that the almost undeviating support by Great Britain for the ill-advised policies of President Bush in Iraq have been a major tragedy for the world," Carter said.