- v to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds
- v talk over conjecturally, or review in an idle or casual way and with an element of doubt or without sufficient reason to reach a conclusion
- v reflect deeply on a subject
philosophers have speculated on the question of God for thousands of years
- v invest at a risk
- In another scenario, Greek politicians speculate, he could make her an honorary parliamentary member.
- Workplace bloggers speculate that YouTube plans to start its own video-rsum channel, although the company is noncommittal.
- Indeed, Raul is also called "the practical Castro," and when and if he does succeed Fidel permanently, many Cuba watchers speculate that he'll actually bring a less confrontational .
News & Articles
- A Brazil ETF That Hedges Against a Depreciating Real
Brazilian stocks are weakening as investors speculate on the potential winding down of monetary stimulus. Nevertheless, Brazil’s market turn around, an equity hedged exchange traded fund can be a better ...
June 14, 2013 - ETF Trends via Yahoo! Finance
- Miley Cyrus' parents officially split
USA TODAY - Every day, it seems, tabloids and blogs speculate whether Miley Cyrus is still engaged to her hunky fiance, Liam Hemsworth. One day, she's flashing her ring. The next, it's a bare finger on display.
June 14, 2013 - 9 News Denver
- Cliff Lee wants to win. But does he want to stay in Philly?
Cliff Lee pitched great again yesterday and people are starting to speculate about whether the Phillies will shop him before the trade deadline. For his part, Lee says he wants to win. From Jim Salisbury at CSNPhilly.com: Q: With the current makeup of this team, do you think it can be a playoff team? A:…
June 14, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk
- Jason Alexander in msnbc.com
I'm glad people are feeling like the economy's back enough that they can do it,Alexander said. "It wasn't because the interest in poker went away, so I have to assume people weren't willing to speculate."
- Barack Obama in The Swamp - Tribune's Washington Bureau (blog)
It's just we are prepared for any contingencies. I don't want to speculate on hypotheticals,Obama said.
- Ted Thompson in FanHouse (blog)
Uh, what is the answer that we give to questions like this? We're always looking to improve our team and we look to all options at all times,said Thompson, who is renowned for keeping door open for any player. "I wouldn't care to speculate...