- v pledge without delivery or title of possession
- v to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds
- But Farmer Peter wanted to hypothecate some of the property to buy farm machinery.
- If they had no property real or personal to hypothecate, they could borrow on their personal credit only from usurers, who charged 20% and more interest.
- With the securities in his hands and creditors on every side, Broker Whitney seemingly could not resist the opportunity to hypothecate them for personal loans as he was also .