- v make speeches; hold forth, or harangue with a certain degree of formality
These ministers speechify on every occasion
- It doesn't whine or speechify or make liberal-minded, quasi-political appeals for relief of its characters' hard lives.
- IT'S COMMENCEMENT season, and members of the greater White House family are sallying forth onto the nation's college campuses to speechify.
- Candidates speechify in town squares as skeptical grandparents listen intently and clear-eyed children squirm.
News & Articles
- Big Solar May Have Peaked Before It Even Opens
Back in October 2010, just a few days before his successor was to be anointed in a statewide election, then-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and then-Interior Secretary Ken Salazar trekked deep into the Mojave Desert to speechify at the groundbreaking for what will soon be America’s largest solar power plant. This is the Ivanpah Solar Generating Electric System, a 4,000-acre project not far off the ...
Aug. 11, 2013 - Santa Monica Mirror