- v chew the cuds
- v reflect deeply on a subject
- After the resounding election defeat, the party bosses ruminated over the cause that led to the desertion of so many party loyalists.
- A foreign policy aide had to ruminate silently for a moment before answering.
- Im not saying Im going to make these features fast, I mean, I ruminate a lot and sit around.
- Mark Damazer in BBC News
Damazer said: "The Cooke alchemy could not be replicated. I did not think we should even try to find somebody to fill the large shoes. So for a while I have been thinking about a new programme that would ruminate about America - one that would give...
- Satch Sanders in Boston Herald
This is the first time the veneer sort of wore off a little bit,Sanders said. "My wife refused to stay in the room with me during this game. She just left, left me to ruminate and make all the sounds and use all the words that belong...
- Ross Mirkarimi in San Francisco Chronicle
Questions continue to ruminate and remain on our minds of why we weren't able to get more expeditious answers,Mirkarimi said, noting that independent groups tabulated the results before the city did.