- n the state of being covered with unclean things
- n the part of the earth's surface consisting of humus and disintegrated rock
- n material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use)
good agricultural soil
- n the geographical area under the jurisdiction of a sovereign state
American troops were stationed on Japanese soil
- v make soiled, filthy, or dirty
don't soil your clothes when you play outside!
- When House-Senate conferees voted to extend the life of the Agriculture Department's soil bank for another year (see NATIONAL AFFAIRS), many Congressmen did so reluctantly.
- Soil seems to be everywhere: in fields, in backyards, clinging to the soles of our shoes.
- WHEN Congress last year created the soil bank, it hoped that by paying farmers to take land out of cultivation of price-supported crops a big bite would be taken out of farm .
News & Articles
- Soil, water commissioners to meet
Commissioners of the Henry County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet in regular session Tuesday, June 18. The meeting will be at 3:30 p.m. at the district office, 709 S. Iris St., Mt. Pleasant and is open to the public.
June 14, 2013 - Mt. Pleasant News
- Guernsey Soil and Water Conservation District to host field day Tuesday
CHANDLERSVILLE -- Rational grazing, soil health and soil testing will be some of the topics covered at an evening field day from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 18 at the Kevin and Lance...
June 13, 2013 - The Daily Jeffersonian
- Soil Testing Provides Valuable Nutrient Information For Farmers
Twin Falls, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) Soil testing can help improve the efficiency of your field’s crops and in turn make you more money. "To maximize the economic return to the farmer and to keep the soil at it's maximum health,” said Paul Stukenholtz with the Stukenholtz Laboratory.
June 12, 2013 - KMVT Twin Falls
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
These are men and women who have made the selfless decisionto protect the nation, Obama said of the victims. "It is horrifying that they should come under fire at an Army base on American soil."
- President Bush in New York Times
There is legitimate debate about many of these decisions,Mr. Bush said. "But there can be little debate about the results. America has gone more than seven years without another terrorist attack on our soil."