- n the state of being covered with unclean things
- Kurt Cobain was the dour, brilliant leader of Nirvana, the multiplatinum grunge band that defined the sound of the 1990s.
- With punk or grunge, you know where you stand.
- Wearing a baseball cap and faded jeans, he looks more grunge rocker than sleaze merchant.
News & Articles
- Oh, you pretty things
Some say nostalgia in fashion trends runs on a 20-year cycle. Others put it at around 50. That would give modern-day wistfulness to anything from the flannel-and-combat boot grunge look of the ‘90s to the fastidiously groomed, impeccably decked-out “Mad Men”-era chic of the ‘60s.
June 12, 2013 - City Pulse
- The Next 'Breaking Bad'? 'Low Winter Sun' Showrunner Chris Mundy on His New AMC Crime Drama
When it comes to interviews, Chris Mundy is better acquainted with the other side of the table. The Rolling Stone editor turned AMC showrunner sat down with everybody from Kurt Cobain to Elliott Smith during tenure at the magazine, which spanned the peak of the record industry, from 1989-2000. He got out at just the right time -- few in the grunge era would have foreseen that, by 2013 ...
June 12, 2013 - indieWIRE
- 5 glam-grunge makeup tutorials to try this week
Posted in Fashion / Fashion blog / Make-up / Make-up & beauty The meaning of grunge fashion has evolved from what it was in the ’90s to something inextricably tied to notions of glamour. Still with a rebellious edge, grunge-inspired makeup most often centeres around smokey hazes of neutral or dark colour, kohl lined eyes , and rich lips. Whether you’re heading to a concert or festival and want ...
June 8, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Brandon Flowers in Entertainment Weekly
On the 15th anniversary, no less, of Cobain's suicide (or, at least, the discovery of his body), Flowers told the UK's Daily Star, "I don't mean it in a bad way, but I think Kurt Cobain and grunge took the fun out of rock 'n roll. Everything's...
- Laura Bennett in Reuters
Pig Pen was a little bit more of a challenge,Bennett told Reuters. "He's known for his grunge aesthetic. I wanted to give him some of my glam."
- Loudon Wainwright III in Times Online
I converted to opera at the age of 14,Wainwright says. "One day I hated it, the next it was all I could listen to. It was around the time grunge came along, when there was a real disillusion with mainstream pop culture. Whereas most kids...